terça-feira, janeiro 23, 2018

DA SABEDORIA EM ESCUTAR OS MAIS VELHOS

Recém falecido aos 86 anos, Ed Whitlock, lenda dos corredores veteranos, transborda simplicidade e bom senso nessa matéria da Runner's World. Leitura extremamente recomendada, negritos por minha conta. Impossível concordar mais:

I do what not to do to an extreme. I go out jogging. It's not fast running, just that I do it for a long time. I don't follow what typical coaches say about serious runners. No physios, ice baths, massages, tempo runs, heart rate monitors. I have no strong objection to any of that, but I'm not sufficiently organized or ambitious to do all the things you're supposed to do if you're serious. The more time you spend fiddlediddling with this and that, the less time there is to run or waste time in other ways.

Running should be a pastime. All sports should be a pastime. There shouldn't be all this professional stuff.